4.10.2015

Leaving the past in the past.

One thing I let get in the way of me staying active, was an injury I have been dealing with since I was a junior in High School.

One week after Mark and I were engaged, yes, I was in High School.....we were hit head on by a car less than a mile from his dad's house. She was in a coma for two weeks, Mark was completely out of it until they cut me out of the car, and I was just there, completely terrified. After two surgeries and countless months in wheelchairs and casts....I am now left with a 3in screw in my left food.
 The car we were in on top, her car on the bottom. We are all VERY lucky to be alive.

And I have let that piece of hardware control me. Does it hurt? Yes. Does my foot swell daily? Yes. Is it enough to have let me go 10+ years thinking I am incapable of being more active? No. While it may hurt and it may limit me, it isn't something I can't overcome. I have learned these past 2 months that I am stronger than I think. I am able to push through the pain and accomplish MOST of what I want. I may never run a marathon and that's fine, because if you catch me running, I can promise you it's not willingly.

Discovering that I am greater than the things I have let define me for so many years, has been such a relief. I hope I can continue to grow with each step I take.

  photo signature_2.png

2 comments:

  1. Very touching. Something you deal with everyday, it makes you strong! Im so glad we have become good friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg how scary! I am so glad that it didn't end any worse.

    ReplyDelete