4.07.2015

Random Inspiration

While perusing Instagram earlier this morning, I came upon something that struck a cord with me.



I had never really thought of it that way, but it is so very true. Even with the smallest things like choosing to be happy vs. being upset. If you eat junk food all of the time, you will feel like junk. If you eat well and workout, you will feel good.


Take yesterday for example. All day at work I struggled. Partly because it was my first day back after 9 days off, but also because the weather was gloomy and I had eaten like crap most of the 9 days I was off. (I will say that my version of "eating like crap" has greatly improved from what it used to be.) On the way home, I had decided I was going to take a 30 minute nap before I started monogramming. Instead, when I got home, I decided to hop on the treadmill for 2.5 miles and to lift some weights. The entire time I showered I was grinning from ear to ear because I had defeated my bad mood. I CHOSE to workout and better myself and in turn, I felt better.

It's funny how that works. But every single decision you make affects your life. And sure, we are all going to have moments of weakness. I do on a daily basis. But lately my good choices are outweighing my bad choices and for me, that's  worth it all.



 photo signature_2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment