3.24.2015

Daily Staples

One thing that has been crucial to me in this journey is consistency. I try not to venture away from foods I know that I like and I try to avoid things that I know are triggers for me.

Along the way, I have found some foods/items that are a constant in my day to day life. For instance, my breakfast is almost always the exact same thing, with some change up here and there. I'm sure most of us have our "go-to" items, so I thought it would be nice to share them.

  • About 4-5 days a week, my breakfast consists of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Meal Bars from Special K and a banana or some other kind of fruit. (5pp)
     
  • Right at the start of my journey, I received an Influenster box with these in there and they are SO good. Especially when you are craving something sweet. (4pp)
     
  • I'm NOT  a fan of Aspertame, so I have a really hard time with "diet" drinks and water flavorings. However, I found this one and I'm not kidding when I say that I buy 3-5 boxes at a time. (0pp)
  • Since I have cut out almost all soda, I HAVE to have coffee daily. And for me, it's either real sugar or no sugar. Luckily, I found this creamer a while back and I can use it and have to have no sugar. Plus, it's only 2PP for 2 tbsp. 
  • The last "daily staple" for me is my Bubba. I mostly use my 32oz because I can fill it 3 times a day and feel good about my water intake, but sometimes I use my 24oz. But 99% of the time, if you see me, you see it. 


One other thing I'm trying to learn to love is PB2 vs. REAL peanut butter. I haven't bought into the Zoodles vs Pasta yet, I'm completly in love with Boom Chicka Pop, I can totally eat Turkey Hot Dogs vs. Beef Hot Dogs, and there are tons of other things I'm trying to substitute into my diet. Slowly but surely, changes are being made.

What are some things you use/eat daily or almost daily?


 photo signature_2.png

1 comment:

  1. I love Boom Chicka Pop! It is just so good :) I am also obsessed with Wholly Guacamole - I buy the mini containers in a pack at Target and use them for veggie dip. 3 points plus for a container!

    ReplyDelete