3.23.2015

8 Weeks In....

When I started this blog, I planned to document more of my journey, but life just got in the way. I started at a super busy time with Valentine's Day and my birthday right on top of each other, but in the 8 weeks I've been on WW, I'm managed to lose right at 11lbs. To do that with two big holidays full of cake and candy, is awesome to me. Could it have been more? Sure....but I know that this is a journey. I'm going to make mistakes and I'm going to learn what works and doesn't work for me.

I have another big test coming up next week....Spring Break and Vacation. Eating right at home is hard and eating right on the road is even tougher.

Throughout this journey I've learned a lot about myself. I've learned that I'm not as "weak" as I thought. I used to struggle with my addiction to soda and I've almost kicked that completely. I have had 3 since I started WW and the last one I had, I got a 1/3 of the way through it and couldn't drink it anymore. I've still got a long ways to go, but my habits are slowly but surely changing. I feel so much better now that I used to and that in itself is payoff enough for me. Losing the lbs is just a bonus.





I made one deal with myself and I have vowed to stay away from "diet" foods as much as possible. No diet drinks, no "low fat" snacks....if I don't have the points for the real thing, I'm not eating/drinking it. And for the most part, I've done pretty well.


I've not noticed a huge difference in my body just yet, but I also didn't take "BEFORE" measurements like I should have. And I do notice some differences, just nothing to write home about. One big difference I have noticed is my leg strength and booty shape. I've been doing 10 squats each time I go to the restroom at work and when you are drinking 100oz. of water a day, that adds up.

When I can learn to balance being a mom and wife, having a full time job, running a business out of my home, and finding time to meal prep and work out.....I will be really happy. But again, I'm only 8 weeks into this and it's a process. For me, this isn't a diet. This is my new way of life. 


 photo signature_2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment