7.30.2015

Fear of Failure

I started this journey almost 7 months ago and up until a week or so ago, never really shared anything about it with more than a few people in my life.

Why? Mostly because of my fear of failure. I have attempted to "diet" NUMEROUS times since having kids. But each and every single time, I gave up. So why would this time be any different? Why share something with the people in my life that probably won't stick?

I realize now that going into something with the mindset of failing isn't smart. You are pretty much setting yourself up for failure. Instead of using the people in my life for support, I relied solely on the Weight Watchers Instagram community. For the first few weeks, I didn't even talk to Mark about it much. Luckily I quickly found a group of AMAZING women and they have honestly helped me more than I could have ever imagined. They were there even when I wasn't very open about it all with Mark.

Last weekend while out celebrating one of my best friend's 40th birthday, she mentioned that she had noticed that I had lost some weight. When I told her that I had just hit 25lbs lost that day, she was shocked. Sure I had casually mentioned that I was trying, but nothing ever completely serious. For the most part, this has been something that I've done alone, minus my #wwdropitlikeitshot group. And Mark, we can't forget him. 

That officially ends today. As of right now, quite literally actually, my Instagram account is no longer private. I don't intend to combine it with my private one, simply because I post so much WW related stuff on a daily basis, I don't want it to clog up feeds of those who follow my private account. No more hiding. No more keeping this to myself in fear that I will disappoint everyone when I fail. 6 months and 25lbs tells me that failing is no longer an option. The change in how I feel and how much more confident I am with myself, tells me I won't fail. Will I stumble? Sure. But that's what having people to support you is for. To help you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and come back even stronger than before.

Thanks to Gina for posting something about this on our FB page and giving me the motivation to get this off my chest!


  photo signature_2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment