3.27.2015

NSV's for the Win!

Let me just start this post off by saying that I, like most women, are guilty of stealing my husbands shirts. In fact, about 1/2 of my tshirts were at one point, his. I guess that has always been a perk of us wearing the same size.

A few Christmases ago, Mark got a Comfort Colors Alabama Sweatshirt from his Aunt and as soon as he pulled it out of the bag, I snatched it from him and claimed it forever mine. The very first time I decided to wear it, I put it on, only to find that apparently Comfort Colors doesn't cater to women with a big booty and big hips. It still fit, of course, but it was a little snug around the booty area. Good thing it was a little bigger everywhere else so I just scrunched it up around my hips and butt and went on my merry little way. It quickly became one of my favorites because it's just so comfortable and I will admit, Mark hasn't gotten to wear it one single day.

A few weeks ago I wore it out to eat and noticed it was starting to fit a little more loosely, but figured that was just me being optimistic. Fast forward to today and I'm pleased to say that I put it on this morning, got to work, and noticed that as soon as I start walking, it falls down past my hips. For me, this is huge. I have never liked wearing shirts that go past my midsection because they only enhance the "Mom Pooch". Sweatshirts and leggings....NEVER. Not happening. Not with my butt and thighs. However, I will be proudly sporting that look today because this sweatshirt is now officially "big". And I couldn't be happier. #nsvsforthewin


Along with that NSV, I also noticed the other day that my FitBit Flex keeps getting spun around on my wrist, so I tested it out and I can now officially move up another spot on my band.

Non Scale Victories are great....especially when they come on a Friday. A Friday where when I leave here today, I have 9 days off.

***happy dance***
  photo signature_2.png

1 comment: