4.30.2015

Struggle Bus Party of One

I've been struggling lately.

I've been struggling with not wanting to eat an entire jar of Nutella in one sitting, with not going through that drive-thru window instead of having to go home and cook, with getting in my workouts...with it all.

Sure, my eating hasn't been horrible and I haven't really gained any weight.....but I'm also not losing like I would like to. I've lost 15lbs in 3 months, which isn't bad at all. I just have to keep telling myself that slow & steady wins the race and while some drop a lot at the beginning of their journey, my weight loss journey is my weight loss journey and no one elses. They say "Comparison is the thief of joy" and they are right. Comparing your life to someone elses....in any way...will get you no where. While some may lose it fast and keep it off, most of them gain it back. That is not what I want. I am changing my lifestyle. I am in this for the long haul. And like my buddy Cassie said yesterday, I just have to keep reminding myself of where I can (AND WILL) be next year. I have to be able to see the big picture while enjoying each step of the journey.

Since starting Weight Watchers on Feb. 1st, I've lost 15lbs. I've noticed a huge difference in the way my clothes fit, in the way my hips and butt look, with how I feel, with how I feel about myself....I've had to go up on my FitBit band twice, my wedding ring continues to get more and more loose, and most importantly....I haven't quit. Not once have I given up and that has NEVER happened for me. I've always been gung ho about something for a few weeks and then went back to my old ways.

This time is different. This time I will succeed.

  photo signature_2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment